When selecting an outdoor commercial flood lighting fixture, consider the following factors:
- Purpose: Determine the purpose of the floodlighting. Are you trying to illuminate a large area or highlight a specific feature?
- Lumens: Flood lights require 700 to 15,000 lumens. The brighter the lights are, the more lumens they emit, and the more secure your space. Motion sensor flood lights require between 300 and 700 lumens. These lights have ranges, so brightness may vary.
- Color temperature: Choose a color temperature that suits your needs. Lower color temperatures (around 2700K) produce warm, yellowish light, while higher color temperatures (around 5000K) produce cool, bluish light.
- Mounting: Choose a fixture that can be easily mounted in the desired location. Consider the size and weight of the fixture and ensure that the mounting method is appropriate for the location.
- Durability: Outdoor lighting fixtures should be durable and weather resistant. Look for fixtures with a high IP (Ingress Protection) rating, which indicates the fixture’s ability to withstand water and dust.
- Energy efficiency: Choose an energy-efficient fixture to save on electricity costs and reduce your environmental impact. Look for fixtures with a high lumen output per watt.
- Maintenance: Consider the ease of maintenance and replacement of the fixture, as well as the availability of replacement parts.
- Warranty: Look for fixtures with a warranty to ensure that you are protected against defects or malfunctions.
- Budget: Consider your budget when selecting a fixture. Outdoor commercial flood lighting fixtures can range in price depending on their features and quality.
By considering these factors, you can select an outdoor commercial flood lighting fixture that meets your needs and provides reliable and efficient illumination for your outdoor space.
For a free job site evaluation, please contact JXT COMPANY. We are a Duke Energy Saving Program Partner, and we can save you about 50 to 85% of lighting fixtures’ costs.